Thursday, November 16, 2006

new look....or not

I got my hair cut today. Took 3 or 4 inches off. I like it!!

Lorraine and I went this afternoon to the Aveda Hairstyling School, because we thought it would be cheap. Online it said $14. We were each charged $31. Huh?? But it was a good cut, and they massage your neck and head first and give you tea and you change into a robe. So there were some perks.

Then we went right to our evening class. Now, I always thought that the stereotype about men not noticing anything was just that-an unfair and untrue stereotype. But NONE of the guys at class mentioned that I looked different. We were all sitting around eating supper (as we tend to all come early and eat before the 5.30 class) for at least 15 minutes before someone asked Lorriane if she got her hair cut. Lorraine has quite short hair. And she cut maybe an inch off. Seriously guys, you notice ONE INCH before FOUR INCHES?? That's a lot of hair gone! Well, they said that they noticed it and just didn't say anything. Fine. For future reference, all you men out there, say something. Just say something.

I'm a horribly self-centered person. I'm sorry. I just love getting drastic hair cuts, and feeling so different and NEW, and it seems like everyone else would notice how NEW I look. Can anyone relate?

Totally unrelated: my sister gave me her old stereo. When I went to use the cd player, I discovered that she left a cd in it called "The Big Bad Voodoo Daddys". Has anyone ever heard of them? I'm listening to it right now, and it's kind of like fast swing music. I have no idea why I just blogged about that.

End.

6 Comments:

At Friday, November 17, 2006 7:34:00 PM, Blogger Bronton said...

I promise you I would've noticed. Yes, I have heard of the Big Bad Voodoo Daddys. They were big for about 15 minutes in 1999.

 
At Saturday, November 18, 2006 9:45:00 AM, Blogger ann renee. said...

what an terrible picture, Sara! If I were living with you right now, I'd throw a pillow in your face. Oh well. Maybe next year...:) Hey! New plan for my life this week (it involves T-dot and you)! Stay in suspense for our telephone conversation next week :) And I can't wait to see your hair!!

 
At Sunday, November 19, 2006 8:32:00 PM, Blogger Kunnari said...

no photo!? why?

 
At Monday, November 20, 2006 8:31:00 PM, Blogger ann renee. said...

I'm having Sara-withdrawal.xx.ann.

 
At Tuesday, November 21, 2006 12:40:00 PM, Blogger ann renee. said...

Anytime this weekend. I don`t know. What about you? Usually Sunday afternoons are pretty calm. x. ann.

 
At Saturday, December 02, 2006 11:13:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Gerritsma (said, of course, in a thick Dutch brogue),
1. I noticed your haircut and mentioned it the moment I first saw it.
2. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. Is that what the kids are listening to these days? Actually, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy was the swing band on "Swingers", when Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau were skinny. That means it has been quite awhile (1996).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home