Saturday, November 11, 2006

memories of summer


So this is the bride and groom. Well, the picture was taken this summer, so they weren't the bride and groom yet. But it's my sister and her (now) husband, and I love them.

They're in Mexico right now. Happy honeymoon!








Ann and Sara: a self-portrait of a summertime visit






I'm procrastinating. For someone who considers herself an academic (in good and bad ways), I sure procrastinate a lot. Right now I should be doing research and writing for a grant application. ICS students have a higher than 50% chance of getting $15,000 for one year of Master's study with this particular grant. It's due November 30th. I have to write a few pages of detailed info about what I want to write my Master's thesis on. Huh?? I just started, how do I know what I want to write my thesis on???

A very smart friend told me yesterday night that Aristotle said philosophy starts with wonder. She advised me to find something I wonder about and to write papers and a thesis on that topic. That was helpful, and a good attitude adjustment for me. She also offered to help me come up with ideas. Thank God for good friends!

I decided I've been moaning and groaning too much lately, especially on this blog. No more self-pity! I'll never be excited about doing a master's if I keep looking up against it. I'm turning over a new leaf!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home