Sunday, November 12, 2006

lost in unreality

That's right. I'm addicted to a tv show. Has anyone been watching Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip? It's by the creators of West Wing and stars Matthew Perry, among others. I think I'm addicted because of the dialogue. It's quick and witty and incredibly insightful at times. The show deals with current issues in the media, comedy, and politics. If you haven't yet, check it out. I'm a big fan.

You may be wondering how I actually get to see this gem of a drama each Sunday night at 10pm, since there is a tv in neither my apartment nor my landlords' house. I go to my friend Lorraine's house. Last week I was gone, so she taped the episode and we watched it tonight before the new one. I love friends. I love having something to look forward to. I love getting lost in the storyline.

I fear I may be getting lost in fiction. I've decided that whenever I ride the subway, I get to read something for fun--something not school related. Lorraine gave me the book Reading Lolita in Tehran, and I'm already engrossed--40 pages in. I even read it while riding the escalator up to reality!

I hate coming back to reality.

I'm in a down mood, so I'm going to stop now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home