Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Today

Today, I felt like I should be less emotional, like I should maintain the wall (that I previously lamented) between my past personal life and my life at ICS.

Today vulnerability became much scarier to me.

Today, for the first time I can remember, I realized how deeply the events of my past shape how I interpret the present.

Today, for the second time, I nearly cried in front of people at ICS.
(The first time was due to frustration over one of my classes....)

Today I was blessed by someone who hurt me.

Today I learned more about the power of words.

Today vulnerability became more important to me.

Today I realized that I should be more emotional, that I should share with others the pain of my past.

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 11:48:00 PM, Blogger flurp-boink said...

sweetheart...
your capacity to learn in any and all situations will never cease to amaze me.
thanks for the happy voicemail...I still have it and I intend to keep it for awhile.

 
At Thursday, December 07, 2006 3:33:00 PM, Blogger M&Y said...

Thanks Sara. It's a risk, but a beautiful one (as Jim-O would say).

M

 
At Friday, December 08, 2006 12:56:00 PM, Blogger Kunnari said...

hope things are well

 
At Friday, December 08, 2006 3:04:00 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Wow. Sounds like quite the day. Good to hear from you...

 
At Monday, December 11, 2006 10:07:00 AM, Blogger Mike E said...

Today is Monday... And I am sitting in my office and contemplately... what should I really be doing right now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home