Saturday, December 02, 2006

to be known

Sometimes I feel like no one knows me here. Yes, people know me, know who I am, and I'd consider many here my friends. But I don't often feel known. I'm always curious about who othersreally are and what makes them tick. What their childhoods were like, what their fears are, what their hopes are. How their life has shaped them. People put up so many fronts.

No one knows about my past. And it feels strange, when things are said or implied or joked about, and it brings back so many memories, and I don't feel free to share them. Not because I don't want to, but because I don't know how I'll be received---whether others want to know.

I know, developing deep friendships takes time. I'm the type that wants to get super close super fast. That can't be healthy.

And I'm really sentimental. Just throwing that out there.

And I'm feeling rather self-centered. I'm sorry.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, December 02, 2006 12:47:00 PM, Blogger Kunnari said...

don't be sorry. i think lots of us want to be known and to share who we are with others. perhaps you should just break the ice and do it. chances are others who you are with want the same thing too.

 
At Saturday, December 02, 2006 4:39:00 PM, Blogger ns said...

As much as I hate to find myself doing it, I'm going to have to agree with Matt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home