Monday, December 04, 2006

cozy warm friend & laughter-filled apartment

What a wonderful weekend.

On Friday night we hung out at ICS for the weekly "We (H)ours", watching Crimes and Misdemeanors (Woody Allen), listening to Stu on the piano, and listening to Chris play the piano and sing songs he wrote. Good songs, as much as he denied it. I kept saying I was going to leave, just one more song,...and then it was 1:30 and I had to leave to catch the subway.

On Saturday my Mom came bright and early (at 8:45am--it was bright and early after a late night!) and we went to the One of a Kind craft show at the Ex. I love my mom. We had a good time admiring the various works, (there are a TON of vendors, all different kinds of 'crafts') and I bought three neat photographs to put on my empty walls. Then Mom took me grocery shopping for heavy items that I can't carry all by myself usually (cans and bottles of things, ice cream that would melt if I took it on the subway...). Thank you, Mom.

I tried to do homework all afternoon and evening, but I was too distracted/exited thinking about hosting people on Sunday night. Last night six friends came over for soup and cornbread (and rum and coke). It was the first time I've had people over, and it only reaffirmed that I want to host people all the time. I love it. I love feeding people and hanging out and laughing and doing what I can to make sure everyone has a great time. I feel more known, because hospitality is such a big part of who I am, and everyone had a chance to see where I live. If only I lived closer to everyone else and they didn't have to fork out $$ to take the subway here and back... I'd have them over every weekend if I could.

I finally feel like my apartment is finally lived in.

I only hope my aunt and uncle didn't hear us laughing at 1:30am...

Lorraine stayed over on my top bunk, and we stayed up 'til 3am talking. Fabulous.

Now I do need to hit the books.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, December 07, 2006 10:29:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I had a grrrrrrrrrrreat time on Sunday. And I'm sorry about the terrible songs that i played on friday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home