Saturday, October 07, 2006

beer

Yesterday we had a potluck lunch at ICS to celebrate Thanksgiving. I made apple crisp. It turned out far better that I expected. Yumm.... I even made an extra one to keep at home with me in case guests come over! (which never happens. Hint: if you're nearby, come visit and you can have some yummy apple crisp.)

There's a tradition at ICS that on Fridays at 3pm people stop what they're doing to play chinese checkers. I've never seen anyone so obsessed with chinese checkers. It's great, really! So yesterday I played against the "masters" of the game, and didn't do too badly. This is ICS for you: six of us drank a bottle of white zinfandel and ate cheese and crackers while we played!

Four of us then went to see the movie "The Departed" with Jack Nicholson, Leonardo di Caprio, Mark Walburg, etc. We had to walk 45 minutes to get to the cheap movie theatre (and it was still $7.50!) and we were too late for the 7pm show. So we went out to eat and came back for the 9:50 show.

I drank a beer. Well, most of a beer. If you know me, you know that this is unusual, to say the least! I hate beer. Hate it. It's such a culture of beer here, that I figured I should at least give it a chance. When we first ordered drinks, everyone else got these exotic beers (we were at a brewery/cafe) and I ordered...a coke. I've never felt so juvenile. So after dinner I asked them what the best beer would be for someone who hates beer, and my friends recommended a raspberry beer. It was better than normal beer, but it still tasted gross. Except the aftertaste was raspberry, and I like raspberry. I still couldn't finish it all, though. I felt like such a child.

The movie was good. I'm no film critic, but it was really suspenseful (which I like) and the plot kept twisting and turning, and I like it when a film keeps you thinking. If you've ever watched a suspenseful movie with me, you know that it's a completely bodily experience for me--I jump and hide my face with my hands and generally get way too into the movie...but it's more fun that way!

In the movie, a psychiatrist presribes Lorazapam for the main character. That startled me, because...well, Brian was taking that when everything happened.

This has been very factual. I apologize.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 2:17:00 AM, Blogger Kunnari said...

Hey now facts are good. I used to not like beer either, but try different types and you'll find something you like. Or just ask Ann.

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:38:00 PM, Blogger sara without an 'h' said...

ha! I will have to ask Ann!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home