Thursday, June 08, 2006

Cancer

My dad's sister, my aunt Lois, passed away this morning after a long and difficult battle with cancer of many types. Some of you may know my cousin Lawren, who graduated from Dordt this year too, and who is now experiencing the pain of losing his mother.

While Lois's death was expected for some time now, I was still shocked to hear the news when I called home from work today. Why? is the inevitable question, and sometimes there's just no good answer.

Please keep the whole family in your prayers as they prepare for the memorial service, tentatively scheduled for next Wednesday in the Chicago area. And especially as we all adjust to living without a dear wife, mother, sister, aunt, friend.

4 Comments:

At Friday, June 09, 2006 10:41:00 PM, Blogger ann renee. said...

my dear sara...I miss you...how about you come to T-dot very soon. Although a great number of pubs that we could go bar-hopping around, I have a "No Alcohol" contract to uphold, so I suppose we'll have to settle fair-trade coffee shop-hopping:) mmmm...a very long conversation and a humongous hug is in order right about now. What about next Saturday afternoon/evening? Tentatively. Or even better...Saturday evening to Sunday morning...then you can see the church I'm at. And I say church somewhat hesitantly. We need to talk.............I love you!

 
At Friday, June 09, 2006 10:44:00 PM, Blogger ann renee. said...

Oh my. Sara-- I just read your blog after posting the last comment (yes, that's backwards). I want you to know that I am praying for you, your familyu and everyone affected. Death is not natural, whether you were expecting it or not. And it hurts.

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 2:35:00 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Terrible.

Jonathan

(p.s. I'll see you sometime soon... I might be in St. Catherines one of these coming weekends...)

 
At Monday, June 19, 2006 5:40:00 PM, Blogger Dena said...

I'm thinking about you and your family Sara - especially Lawren. I hope you're all doing OK.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home