Thursday, May 11, 2006

working girl

Yesterday afternoon I had an interview at 1pm at Tim Horton's. I clicked with the store manager right away, and I think we both relaxed a lot when we discovered that one of my ex-boyfriend's older brothers is marrying my manager's sister! Small world, eh?

At the end of the ten minute interview, she offered me the job. Full time days, from 6am to 2pm Monday through Friday. I even get evenings and weekends off! Only minimum wage, but hey, I'm ok with that. I start training at 8am tomorrow! Go Tim's.

In other news, I saw my dearest Ann tonight! We saw a play together at her old high school. Strangely, they put on the play "Our Miss Brooks", which MY high school did when I was a senior--and I played the lead (Miss Brooks) in our version! So it was weird to see the play done differently, but also a lot of fun. They did a really great job--better than my high school did (but don't tell anyone).

On the way home tonight, I was flipping through radio stations trying to find something good. I realize this may be an oft-repeated complaint, but I want to reiterate it: why are most songs, of all genres, about love or broken hearts? And no, I was not listening only to country. I flipped through the country station, the "light favourites" station, the 80s flashback station, and even the hard rock station, and couldn't find anything that wasn't about new love or the end of a relationship. No wonder there are so many cynical singles out there.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, May 13, 2006 4:15:00 PM, Blogger Kunnari said...

Tim Horton's!!!!!!!!!!!!
congrats. i bet you'll not be to fond of Mr. Horton's by the end of the summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home