Sunday, May 28, 2006

Hypocrite

I jump from blog to blog thinking, "Hey, she hasn't posted in a while...neither has he...man, I wish they'd update me on their lives!"

And then I return to my blog and realize it's been a week since I myself have posted. Hypocrite.

But in my defense, I really don't have much to say. This week was my first full time work week at good ol' Tim Hortons, working 6am-2pm Monday through Friday. I'm enjoying the "different-ness" of the work--much different people than I'm usually surrounded by, a different set of attitudes and expectations about life, and when I'm done at 2, I'm done. No homework at night, no deadlines on the weekend. Even waking up at 4:55am isn't as bad as I thought it would be--I'm just a loser and go to bed by 9:30pm every night and I'm fine!

I'm very thankful for weekends. What a blessing it is that, by grace, most people don't need to slave away seven days a week to survive! We are certainly created with the need for a rhythm of rest and work.

On Friday night my parents and I ordered pizza and wings (we never do that!) and my mom and I relaxed and watched an old Hitchcock movie called Suspicion. I like old movies. This one was made in 1941. My mom has been really stressed out and fanatically busy this week with various school activities (she's a Christian grade school principal) and I had to force her to relax for a few hours. I like my parents.

Esther and Alan Lensink came over last night. We baked ginger cookies, drank liquid candy (in margarita glasses--since when do my parents have margarita glasses???) and watched The Sound of Music. It was great! Yes, I have an odd sense of what constitutes enjoyable entertainment, perhaps. But I am of the opinion that a great deal is determined by who I'm with--good people almost inevitably produce good times. And Esther and Alan are definately good people.

I've been spending a lot of time lately thinking about the events of last semester and wondering how they could have been different. Better, that is. Or worse, I suppose. Also on my mind lately is an internal debate about the difference between appropriate discernment and sinful judgmentalism. Very humbling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home