Sunday, May 21, 2006

hooray...

...for hanging out with friends!

I spent last night and this afternoon at the Lensink's house. Martin (Mr. Lensink) invited me out for dinner with the family last night after he called to see if my parents were available to come for Sunday lunch today. I spent the rest of the evening with three of the Lensink kids talking and listening to good music in the candle-lit living room...it was wonderful and relaxing and stimulating all at once. Like good times at college (except for the candles). When they found out that my parents are gone this weekend, they also invited me over for coffee and lunch after church. Horray for hospitable people! Martin and Linda (parents) have four children within four years of each other: Anna (23), Neil (22), Esther (21), and Alan (20). I was friends with the youngest three in high school...I shouldn't say "was", because I still consider them good friends! Never a dull moment with the Lensinks. I had a fantastic time!

This weekend turned out to be much better than I expected it would be when I blogged about it twenty four hours ago. I love it when I'm suprised like that!

2 Comments:

At Sunday, May 21, 2006 10:12:00 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Sara,
so this is your blog, eh?
I knew you had one and now I've finally found it. Good to hear you're having a good time back in Canada! It's strange being done university, eh?

I'll be staying up late trying to write a play before the May 24 deadline... but after the play is writ, we'll have to see if we could get together...

I think my brother's girlfreind lives in neck of the woods, maybe we could car pool...

more plans in the works!

 
At Monday, May 22, 2006 5:46:00 PM, Blogger Justine Teresa said...

sara - i was reading random people's blog and happened upon yours....i can't believe you know the lensinks. my parents have been friends with them forever and we use to vist when we were litte.
crazy small world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home