Saturday, May 20, 2006

Tips

I am enjoying my days at Tim Horton's more than I expected I would. I work with some fun, helpful people and I really like the interaction with customers. It's so fast-paced--we get slammed with busses and tourists all day--and I have to say, I thought it was a stereotype, but the American tourists are the most difficult to please.

I've also learned how important it is to tip generously for good service. And even for mediocre service. Especially when it's busy and frantic and your server is running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Be patient! Be friendly to the people who serve you. It makes their day.

In other news, I saw Ann again last night! Hooray for Ann. We watched the movie 'The Corporation'. It was excellent and thought-provoking. I highly recommend this documentary to you all.

It's Victoria Day weekend (May 2-4 to most Canadians) and I have nothing to do tonight. (Yes, I am pathetic.) I am wishing I was at Dordt and could just go over to Paz's or Laurel & Ethan's to hang out or invite people over for fresh-baked cookies and Tim Horton's coffee and Eddie Izzard...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home