Tuesday, December 11, 2007

stories

"Some people say we're made of flesh and bones, scientists say we're made of atoms but I say we're made of stories. When we're dead, that's what people remember, the stories that we've told and the stories that we've lived."

-ruth stotter

It's true, I think. At least this is what my semester has taught me. What? You thought I was studying political theory? Well, indeed I am. Or am supposed to be. But this year I have also been a student intern at the U of T crc campus ministry. Which has been pretty monumental for my faith, my relationships, my academic life, maybe my future. I didn't think I would become so captivated by the people and their stories. So interested in discussing and learning in a ministry context. So involved in mentoring and leading.

What now? Make a mad dash before Christmas to catch up on semester's worth of neglected independent study...because I still want to finish my degree!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home