Saturday, August 11, 2007

the facebook time warp

I have just been eaten alive by facebook. In the process of trying to do a final edit and perfect the bibliography on my papers, I was distracted by the facebook madness. Ughhg. I have no willpower. I gave in the the "join facebook!" peer pressure last week, and now it's taking up far too much time.

In other news, I am halfway through my "go west, young woman" western wedding blitz. Congratulations to Jeff and Angie (Grand Rapids) and Kelly and Joel (South Holland, IL) on their recent marriages! And Laura and Jeremy (Minneapolis), the craziness of wedding stress will soon be a thing of the past...

I loved every moment of my week with my brother's family. Well, maybe not the moment when I was sliding down huge inflatable slides with Bradley (4 and a half) and got serious "rug" burns on my elbows and wrists. But seeing him come down screaming with joy was pretty hilarious.

While trying to get from Union to Millennium Park in Chicago, I discovered that the Chicago Transit system is not visitor-friendly. No signs (where's the Metra??). Not on time. Snippy drivers. That's all I have to say about that.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:34:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

I would like to apologize on behalf of Chicago. Its such a great place...next time, let me know and I'll help you out with the navigating!

I hope the rest of your wedding tour goes well. It was great seeing you last weekend!

 
At Monday, August 20, 2007 12:41:00 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

instead of appologizing for chicago, i will join your annoyance with all chicago public transportation. as if they are RAISING THE PRICES for that crap.

when i joined facebook, i didn't have a life for atleast a week. it will pass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home