Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hey now

This is not normal.

As I walked home from getting groceries today, I was waiting at a busy street corner for the light to change. A black sports car pulled up to the intersection and stopped at the red light. A young man wearing an A-shirt jumped out of the passenger side and motioned for the driver to go through the light and meet him on the other side of the intersection. This young man crossed traffic and approached another young man who was standing a few yards away from me, also wearing an A-shirt. I thought they were friends, and they were going to say hi, but instead the man who came from the car started punching the waiting man in the face. The only part of the verbal exchange that I heard was the victim saying, "Man, I didn't touch your pills! I only had those ten!!" I was quite disturbed, not knowing what to do, particularly as the victim's lips were now gushing blood. Then, as quickly as it started, the aggressor ran across the street, met his car, jumped in a drove away. The guy with the bleeding face walked a few yards ahead of me down the street, and kept walking straight when I turned onto my street.

This is not supposed to happen here. It wasn't even that serious--the guy walked away, three or four punches were thrown--but it was just too ramdonly violent. Crazy, in light of my second-last post.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, June 28, 2007 8:47:00 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

That's a little frightening.

 
At Saturday, June 30, 2007 10:05:00 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

eeesh. sounds like chicago. sarah! what are you up to! i got a new blog! (lost my password to my old one...) hope you are doing well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home