Thursday, August 31, 2006

A last time for everything

I worked my last shift at good ol' Timmy's today. Hooray for being out of that place! While I will not miss the mismanagment, I will very much miss my co-workers. Today one of them brought in a cake for me that said, "It's been a slice!" on it, and they all signed a card telling me how much they'll miss me :) I felt loved.

And I made $11 in tips today. Not bad for Timmy's.

I won't talk about how appropriate it was that on my last day there we had only 6 people working and it was INSANELY busy with busses and our manager was no where to be seen...nope...won't talk about that...there's no need to be bitter...because I'm DONE!

Tomorrow I will sleep well past the customary 5am and enjoy every minute of it. Then I will go to my appointment with a life insurance agent. Yes, I am 22 years old and looking into life insurance. If you're curious (I know I'm still dumbfounded by the idea), just ask me why.

Today my dad and I found out that we probably can't get our trailer lights hooked up on time for this weekend's move to Toronto, nor can we rent a U-Haul at this late hour. So...perhaps no moving for Sara until next weekend. I'm tired and ambivalent about it right now. I stayed out till 11:30 last night, WAAAAAY past my bedtime, because the Lensinks are starting to depart from home and we had a mini-going-away party. Which consisted of euchre (Craig and I won) and a drive in Allison's new Civic to Lock 3 of the canal. I'm really going to miss them all, too. We had a great time together this summer.

I miss Dordt. As I hear of everyone coming back together at that dear place, surrounded by corn and wise profs and good conversation, I am nostalgic. I miss your hugs, everyone. I miss GIVING you hugs, everyone! Give someone a hug from me today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home