Tuesday, July 18, 2006

WHY???

Our situation here is fast becoming dire. I can't write you long messgaes or send you any articles because the electric power is erratic and just now the Israelis have threatened to take out the entire electric grid. If that happens, it will be terrible for all of us, espcially those like me with small children. Evacuating with the Americans is not an option for people like us with limited cash and no house in the US. Besides, how long will we be away? Yes, Israel has overreacted. Until both sides accept the fact that neither can eliminate the other, Lebanon itself including all of us will have been eliminated. I don't know what more to tell you except to pray for us fervently and sincerely.

From a friend of MESP living in Lebanon--we visited with him and had good discussions with him during my time in the Middle East. As he says, please pray fervently and sincerely for a just peace in the region.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 12:49:00 AM, Blogger Dena said...

Yesterday I saw a photo of Israeli schoolgirls, who couldn't have been older than 10 or 12, writing messages on Israeli rockets that the Israeli army was about to fire into Lebanon. It made me sick. I mean, you hear of soldiers doing that, but little kids? How can you justify the message that sends?

 
At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 3:19:00 PM, Blogger sara without an 'h' said...

did you get that message from Dr. Dave, too? from Habib?

so I guess you won't be in Lebanon this semester...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home