Thursday, August 03, 2006

it's all in my head

I ran for longer than I've ever run before this afternoon. I felt great afterwards!! I love the feeling of being done a run, stretching, lifting a few weights. I think I always psych myself out when I run. I think that since I haven't run longer than a certain amount before, there's no way I'll be able to today, so I quit when I reach the previous limit. But the last two times I've run, I've gone way beyond my personal best! Hooray for surprises and conquering the mind.

Tomorrow I'm leaving with my parents for a long weekend of camping with my immediate and dad's side of the family. It should be a good time--I'm not a huge fan of camping, but it's not that long, right? :)

Today was my last day of work for ten days. I'm thrilled to have a big break from pouring coffee and listening to complaints about our managers. Next week holds more excitement, with a trip to the Fringe to see Jon and Beth perform, and seeing Laura Dykstra, and going to a sweet conference north east of Toronto. Horray for vacations!

That's all for now.

P.S. Has anyone listened to the new Neil Young cd, "Living with War"? I'm thinking of getting it.

4 Comments:

At Friday, August 04, 2006 12:52:00 AM, Blogger ns said...

While that album might not be bad, or maybe you have a particular reason for desiring that one, but if this is your first young album I would suggest getting one of his older ones... i.e. Harvest, After the Goldrush, or On The Beach. But hey, I don't see why you couldn't give Living with War a shot either. just my thoughts.

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 12:05:00 AM, Blogger ethan said...

hi sara,

it would have been sweet to have you here during the move-in time... we had lots of help, with my parents and my sister being here, but the pleasure of your company is always desirable.

(if you've read our latest post, you'll see why we never responded to your offer to help out.)

but now that we've got things organized, you'll have to come check it out. see you soon ;)

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 1:05:00 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

you're at the cino conference right now! and i'm so jealous! look for kristin...i know that she'll be looking for you...can't wait to hear what you thought of it!

 
At Sunday, August 13, 2006 12:46:00 PM, Blogger Dena said...

Sara - I have "Living with War" (my sister gave it to me for my birthday). I like it, although I haven't listened to it much, and I like Neil Young in general. He has a "unique" voice, so you want to make sure you like it before you buy his stuff. I would also agree with Nathan that some of his older albums are really good as well (I like "Harvest Moon" the best). And Sara, you HAVE to see "The Yacoubian Building" (see my blog for more info.). Hope "Practicing Resurrection" is amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home